Forums » Suggestions

Here is what else to watch Saturday

• 293 posts
    August 1, 2018 2:20 AM EDT

Multigame esports organization Luminosity has signed Mustafa Ice Akcakaya, making it the latest top organization to enter Super Smash Bros. Lanny McDonald Jersey . Melee.Following an impressive third-place finish at The Big House 6, Ice will be representing Luminosity at Eclipse 2 in Jessheim, Norway, this weekend.In a statement to ESPN, Luminosity CEO Steve Buyaka Maida said, Ice has been on fire lately, and after talking to him in depth, it was clear that with some support from us he would be able to focus on becoming the best he can be. Were thrilled to have him on board and further solidify our footprint in the Smash scene.Ice is elated to be part of Luminosity. I am feeling like its a new step into a more successful future as an esports athlete, he said.Hailing from Germany, one of the biggest issues facing Ice had been travel, as most of the competitive Melee scene is in North America. But with this new sponsorship, Ice feels that not only will he be able to attend most major tournaments, but that his skills will improve as well.The sponsorship will help me be even more focused on Smash, which in return will end up in an increase of the quality in my game play, he said.Ice has been playing Melee full time since mid-2015 and is currently ranked 17th based on Melee it on Mes global ranking. Because the German scene is so small, it has been difficult for Ice to improve as a player. For the most part, he has been practicing alone against level-one computer opponents as provided by the game itself. His ability to take on top talent without the same amount of top-level practice is no small feat.This isnt Luminositys first foray into Smash. Earlier this month, the organization picked up Super Smash Bros. for Wii U player Yuta Abadango Kawamura.With this new sponsorship, Ice now wants to move to the United States. All he has to do is begin his athletic visa application, which is not a simple process. But for Ice, If I get all that stuff, I move ASAP. Jake Gardiner Jersey . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Connor Brown Jersey . Giroud, who wasnt in the starting lineup for two matches after allegations about his private life and a decline in form, scored twice in the first half. Tomas Rosickys chip made it 3-0 before half time at Emirates Stadium, while defender Laurent Koscielny scored an unmarked header in the second half. http://www.cheapmapleleafsjerseys.com/?tag=adidas-wendell-clark-jersey ;. The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. NEW YORK -- At 19, Jared Donaldson is the youngest American man in the U.S. Opens third round since 2007. A key part of his growth as a tennis player happened in another country, though.When he was 14, Donaldson left home to train in Argentina, so he could work on his game on clay, improve his footwork and get lessons on how to use spins on his shots.He learned more, too, during the 2 1/2 years he was there.The biggest takeaway from me in Argentina was how focused and dedicated those guys were training. They were so serious. I think it was really eye-opening for me. The fact that they work so hard, even when they were tired. Clay court is so physical, said Donaldson, who is ranked 122nd and got through qualifying to reach the main draw at Flushing Meadows. It put me in a pro mentality when I was very young.Heading into Saturdays third-round match on Court 17 against 21st-seeded Ivo Karlovic of Croatia, Donaldson already has enjoyed the best week of his nascent career. Not only did he collect the first two Grand Slam victories, but they came against a couple of established players, 12th-seeded David Goffin of Belgium in the first round and Viktor Troicki of Serbia in the second.And even if other U.S. teens have drawn more attention recently -- a pair of 18-year-olds, Taylor Fritz and Frances Tiafoe come to mind -- Donaldson has big things in mind.I want to be top 10, top 5, No. 1. Eventually, if I get to that ranking, Ill have enough attention, almost too much attention, he said. I just have to make sure that I stay focused on my game, try not to let the outside factors kind of dictate how I play or act. I just have to keep improving.To that end, he started working with former pro Taylor Dent as his coach, initially aiming to serve better. But Donaldson credits Dent -- and his father, Phil, also a former player -- with improviing other aspects of his play, also. Hap Day Jersey. All the kind of things Im doing out there now is a reflection of (Taylors) influence on me, coaching with me, working with me, Donaldson said. I owe a lot to him.Karlovic will present a challenge when it comes to returning serves: The 6-foot-11 Croatian, who beat American Donald Young in the second round, set a U.S. Open record with 61 aces in his first-round match Tuesday.Here is what else to watch Saturday at the U.S. Open:WILLIAMS SISTERS: Once again, both Williams sisters will be in action on the same day -- and in the same arena, Arthur Ashe Stadium. No. 1 seed Serena Williams goes first, facing 47th-ranked Johanna Larsson of Sweden in the afternoon. No. 6 Venus Williams plays at night against No. 26 Laura Siegemund of Germany. While Serena is bidding for a record 23rd Grand Slam singles title, and Venus owns seven, neither Larsson nor Siegemund ever has been as far as the fourth round at any major.KYRGIOS IN SPOTLIGHT: In the final match under the lights in Ashe, 14th-seeded Nick Kyrgios gets his chance on center stage, facing 63rd-ranked Illya Marchenko of Ukraine. Kyrgios is among the most talented -- and moody -- men on the tennis tour, as likely to hit a `tweener as fantastic as Rafael Nadals from Friday as he is to throw a racket or appear to give up mid-match.MURRAY VS. LORENZI: As 2012 U.S. Open champion Andy Murray tries to become the fourth man in the Open era, which dates to 1968, to participate in all four Grand Slam finals in one season, he takes on Italys Paolo Lorenzi, who is ranked 40th and will be playing in a third-round match at a major for the first time.---Follow Howard Fendrich on Twitter at http://twitter.com/HowardFendrich  href="http://www.cheapchinanflonlinejerseys.com/">White NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Womens NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback ' ' '